Sunday, June 11, 2006

 

Kottaras Is Klutch

Instead of talking about the loss last night, I'm going to talk about the Friday game, which was way better. I actually went to Friday's game. It was quite a thriller. The thrill began in the bottom of the 8th when the Bears were down 5-3 and had two men on. Luis Cruz delivered a 2-out RBI to get us within one. The Smokies brought in reliever Chris Kinsey to face George Kottaras. Big. Mistake. G-Kott laced a double that almost cleared the left-center fence to drive in Cruz and Juan Ciriaco. The place exploded with cheers as the BayBears gained the lead 6-5. Tennessee threatened in the bottom of the 9th with two men on after a double and an intentional BB, but Dale Thayer struck out pinch hitter (and birthday boy) Danny Richar to end the game and earn the 11th save of the season for him. I asked Jared Wells where he hoped to be at the end of the season after the game. Only a few words came from his mouth. "San Diego, hopefully." The way things are going for him, that may be a possibility.

Why has Neal McCready been writing the BayBears column in the Press-Register lately? I can't stand reading this guy's ... "writing." If you want a good example of his "writing," check this out. Disgraceful. At least it's a little better than those "staff reports" that are no more than 30 words long.

Comments:
Ouch, that hurt.

But on the real, I didn't say that McCready's writing was "amateurish," and by no means do I claim that my work is better than his. It's his job, and my hobby. I guess it takes listening to Neal on the radio almost everyday and hearing him make up stories and start controversies. He doesn't seem to know what he is talking about. I still don't like McCready, and him covering the BayBears, my beloved team, gets on my nerves.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home