Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

Burn the Biscuits

On Wednesday night, Jared Wells stunned everyone by allowing only 3 hits over 7 innings of work as he led the BayBears over the Biscuits 8-0. Tonight, the Bears lost 3-zip to Montgomery. I'll get the stats up when I get them. Burn the Biscuits weekend (yes, I made that up) continues through Sunday. If someone makes a sign that says "Burn the Biscuits" at Saturday night's game, I will come give you a hug.

According to Fox 10 (WALA) here in Mobile, the BayBears bullpen loves American Idol. I had a feeling that's why they weren't out there in right field last night! Actually, this is a story that the WALA crew did...pretty good in my opinion. I wish they had the video. For such a crappy station with even worse writing, I've gotta admit Fox 10 has some of the best BayBears coverage around (maybe because they're only a hop skip and jump away from the Hank). They actually talk about the team and what's been going on. WPMI 15 (oddly channel 11) has good coverage, with the occasional interview with Jonesey. If you watch WKRG 5 for sports, you're already just plain dumb.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home